Monday, April 16, 2012

The bump.


Matt took this photo about a month and a half ago. That tells you something about my “size” now:) I don’t know why, but I’m not really one of those “take a picture of me week by week to show my growing womb” kind of pregnant ladies. The first two trimesters slipped by like a fox and now, here I am, in my third trimester, just wondering how I got here so quick. And I have one picture to show for it. Maybe we’ll take a second one. Maybe.

Matt’s been such a peach about all of my shenanigans during pregnancy. I really don’t know how he does it, I’d of bailed out months ago living with someone like me:) I’ve felt pretty guilty about how little weight I’ve been able to carry for our family these last several months. Even now, being out of school, I had all these plans (listed on this gargantuan to do list that made me oh so proud), but since I’ve hit my third trimester I am feeling sick again. Nausea, major back pain, heartburn, and other ailments that can’t really be written about:) So my daily to do list doesn’t get near as much attention as I feel like it should. I just can’t really do much. And I need to be okay with that, but as of right now I just feel bummish. My inner self thrives on being productive and letting go of that for the time being is much harder than I ever would have imagined. But Matt reminds me that we’re a team. We work together to move our family forward and it doesn’t matter who ends up doing “more” because we’re teammates. We work together and both share in the reward.

When I sit back and think about all the blessings the Lord has poured out upon me lately, all the other little frustrations seems to slip away, and I’m left with just GRATITUDE. Gratitude for a healthy baby, gratitude for an understanding husband, gratitude for a supportive family, gratitude for my upcoming graduation,... just a lot of gratitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment