Sunday, April 15, 2012

Don't be a fool, finish school.

first student teaching assignment: Geneva Elementary, Kindergarten

second student teaching assignment: Bonneville Elementary, first grade

Throughout my pregnancy, I have thought over and over and over again about just dropping out. Just not showing up. Not doing the work. Not getting the grade. Just, dropping out completely. Some days it actually seemed to make sense for my health to be “done” with school. But, as Matt and I would talk, and as we would recall Heavenly Father pushing us to start a family NOW, while I was finishing up school, we just knew that somehow it would all work out. We knew He would help us.

And He did. I’ve never felt the Lord closer than I did during this school semester. I’ve never felt more reliant on Him to help me get through a typical school day. Now, at the close of this semester, I look back and I can honestly say that Heavenly Father brought me here. He carried me. I would pray, and He would step in immediately. Every time. He never missed a beat. I would be seconds away from needing to run out the door, feeling sick as a dog, and somehow still make it to school, fulfill my responsibilities, and everything was fine. It’s been incredible to see His hand.

I know that He is invested in our lives-- He wants us to succeed, to accomplish much, to be proud, to find joy in achievement. He wants the world for us because He thinks the world of us. He’s such a great DAD.

No comments:

Post a Comment