Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Crabbies to Comfort.

GOD'S THREE ANSWERS TO YOUR PRAYERS:
1. Yes.
2. Not yet.
3. I have something better in mind.


During my case of the crabbies, I turned to Matt for help. He’s got this very calm, wise way about him. I’m always put at ease by the sound of his voice and by the counsel he gives. We had an ongoing discussion for probably about a week, trying to figure out what was next for us.

My thoughts on starting a family had always been thus: Accomplish those things you can only do as a couple first because afterward it would be difficult to find the time and money and, if you’re old by that point, the strength. So my mindset was that if this Africa, or Italy, or China trip didn’t happen NOW... it wouldn’t ever happen. And, I have had such strong feelings that my work in some of these countries is not yet finished. So logically, how could it work to change the order of it all?

The following are some notes from a family counsel Matt and I shared together during this time of decision-making (It was written by Matt, hence the correct grammar and large word usage):

In light of our recent thoughts and ideas about the timing of our life’s events (specifically service abroad versus beginning our little family) Christine and I decided to sit down and talk about it and pray about it. After beginning with prayer, we did our best to search it out in our minds before taking a decision to the Lord. We both prayed individually about the decisions we had come up with in our own minds. We felt that though both desires were good and righteous, and that either course of action would have been acceptable to the Lord, the course of action more closely aligned with the Lord’s will was that we begin our family immediately. Stating that decision out loud invited the Spirit so strongly that tears came to our eyes. We know that if the Lord would have us serve His children abroad, He will provide such opportunities. For now, we will move forward with obeying the commandment “to multiply and replenish the earth,” trusting that the Lord will make known to us joys and blessings that we can’t even yet fully comprehend. We are excited to start this new chapter of our lives. We know that this is the path that we are to be on!

So that was that. We had decided!.... And yet, unfortunately, I wavered quite a bit. I had a hard time with the decision. Faith is a difficult principle for me-- I’ll be the first to admit it. I tend to second-guess some of the answers/ feelings I get, and I wish I didn’t. But, going into the October 2011 Conference, I planned to receive that final confirmation. I knew that I needed it. The Lord knew that I needed it. And He gave it to me here.

No comments:

Post a Comment